+44 (0)1

Securing a college room


Student rooms in the College are priced by bands based on the size of the room, the room’s location, and whether or not it has en-suite bath or shower facilities. You can see information about the bands and current prices in the fees and charges section of the website.

在春天, the College reviews the allocation procedure and sets the band prices for the up-coming academic year, and at that point the room allocation process for students will be opened.

College student accommodation is only provided for those studying full-time.


It is College policy to give priority for college accommodation to students taking courses of two years duration or longer, and to give priority to first-year students for accommodation on the central College site. 详细的 住宿 分配 Policy is available for download.


Graduate applicants for full-time study who are offered a place for study at the University as a member of Hughes Hall are asked to return the College’s Acceptance Reply Form, for undergraduates this happens through UCAS. Shortly after your acceptance has been received by the College you will be contacted by the accommodation team and advised on the process to request College accommodation.

这个过程 for allocating Hughes Hall student accommodation for new students arriving in 2021-22 has not yet opened, when this opens in the Spring, the College will contact all applicants whose applications have progressed to a stage making them eligible to apply for accommodation with guidance on how to apply for a College room.

When all rooms have been allocated we will notify anyone still awaiting confirmation as soon as possible and provide guidance on finding accommodation from other sources.


If you have disability requirements related to accommodation you should contact the College’s 残疾 Equality Officer who will help you provide the necessary information to enable the college to provide suitable accommodation. This requires specific medical information which can take time to secure. The earlier you contact the 残疾 Equality Officer, the easier it will be to complete the process and to secure suitable accommodation.


夫妻 accommodation is provided for students in established long-term relationships intending to live in Cambridge with their partner as the primary place of residence for both individuals. There is limited College couples’ accommodation available, and allocations for those seeking couples’ accommodation only is likely to close earlier in the Summer.


  • Queries about the progress of your application, including about when you will be eligible to be offered College accommodation, should be directed to the admissions team.
  • If you have queries about the College accommodation you can contact the accommodation team.
  • 请参见 New Students Signpost page for more for more information about student accommodation at Hughes Hall.